How to start a Hangout conversation?
Starting a Hangout conversation is very simple. The following is the procedure to start a Hangout conversation.
- Open your web browser and visit the www.gmail.com website.
- Key in your username and password in the respective type fields and press the sign in button to log into Gmail inbox.
- Once you are in the Gmail inbox, you will find the Google Hangouts logo on the left side of the inbox with the sign in option written under it. Click on it to log into Google Hangouts.
- You can also visit the Hangouts website by visiting www.hangouts.google.com page. You need to sign it with your Gmail sign-in credentials to start any conversation.
- Look for the search button icon on the top of the Hangouts list. You need to type the username or email address of the contact you would like to find to initiate a conversation. Once the name is spotted on the list, click on it to start the conversation.
- Type in your message and then press the enter key on your keyboard.
- If the person is online, he will get the message flashed on his screen immediately. If not, he will be able to see your message as soon as he signs into Gmail account.
- If the message you send is not delivered to the intended person, you will find a red button next to the message. This happens only when your internet connection is slow. Once the message is sent, it will turn to green.
How to make a video call?
- If you are looking to make a video call through Hangouts, you should make sure that the device has access to a mic and a camera.
- Visit the Hangouts through the Gmail inbox or by clicking here www.hangouts.google.com.
- Once you have signed into Hangout, you will find the search icon on the top right of the page. Click on it and type in the name or email address with whom you would like to start a video call.
- When you are able to locate the person you want to chat with, click on the name.
- A Hangouts window will open and there you need to click on the video call icon to initiate the video call.
- After you have finished the video call, click on the end call icon on the Hangouts window to close the call.
- If you want to make a video call to more than one person, then you will have to search for the names or email addresses of the person that you would like to involve in the call.
- Tick the checkbox in front of the name of the people you would like to start a video conversation with and finally click on the video call option to carry out group video chat.
Google offers a unique and easy option to send messages, voice and video calls to your friends and contacts using the Google Hangouts. You can start a conversation with your contact easily through Gmail inbox. All you need to do is to sign into Gmail inbox and open the Google hangouts that you find on the left side of the inbox screen. It will ask you to sign into Google Hangouts. Click on it and sign in with your Gmail username and password and you are ready to start message, voice or video chats with your contacts.
About Google Hangouts
Google Hangouts is a freeware offered by Google that offers you can easy and quick way to start connected with your friends and other contacts. It is a communication platform through which you can carry out instant messaging, SMS, video chat as well as VOIP calls. It is a replacement or a combination of the other popular Google web-based services that you have been enjoying, Google Talk and Google+ Messenger and Hangouts. The Google Hangouts in its new avatar came into force in May 2013 and can be used across various operating systems and devices like Windows, web browsers, Linux, OS X with chrome extension, Android, and iOS.
Features of Google Hangouts
With Google Hangouts, you can start or get into a conversation with any other contact in your list or you can create a group conversation. Hangouts can be accessed when you get online either through Gmail or through Google+ websites. You can instantly start one on one conversation with your contacts or even start a group conversation on any topic of your choice. You have the option of inviting as many as 10 people to the group conversation on Hangout. All your chat histories are saved online and therefore you can recall any of your chat with your contacts by clicking on the chat. In fact, the chats will be synced across all devices and no matter you log into Gmail through any device, you can see the details of the chat with a particular contact on any device. It allows you to share photos through the conversation and there is a watermark of the avatar of the user to show how far the messages have been read in a conversation. You have the option to use the emojis symbol in the conversation that you send your contacts. You can say more using stickers, GIFs, maps, and photos. Google Hangouts gives you the option to connect to the video and voice calls at any time. You can make phone calls to anywhere in the world free of charge and through your Wi-Fi or cellular data.