If you are starting off, the following steps will help you come onto the new account creation page for Gmail:
- In order to come onto the Gmail official page, there are two ways of doing so.
- You could type in gmail.com on your web browser. This will open up the Gmail sign in page. Here you will find the link to create a new account below the panel to sign into your account.
- Gmail link can also be found on the main Google web page. The different offerings of Google can be found on the top right hand corner of the main Google page. Clicking on this link will lead you to the sign in page of Gmail.
Once you have come onto the page for creating new accounts with Gmail, you will find a few fields to fill in before your signing up process is complete. The first vital fields to fill in are of the username and password fields.
- When you are choosing the username, there are certain points you need to keep in mind. For instance, you need to choose a username that is not in use by other Gmail users. For that reason, you might want to consider the options that Gmail offers to you.
- Once you have chosen the username, you can then move onto the password creation field. This field refers to the choice of a secure password. As per password creation rules, you need to choose a password of at least eight alphanumeric characters. Such a password tends to make your account secure. There is a password checker tool that will indicate whether you have chosen a secure password correctly.