How to start a Hangout conversation?
Starting a Hangout conversation is very simple. The following is the procedure to start a Hangout conversation.
- Open your web browser and visit the www.gmail.com website.
- Key in your username and password in the respective type fields and press the sign in button to log into Gmail inbox.
- Once you are in the Gmail inbox, you will find the Google Hangouts logo on the left side of the inbox with the sign in option written under it. Click on it to log into Google Hangouts.
- You can also visit the Hangouts website by visiting www.hangouts.google.com page. You need to sign it with your Gmail sign-in credentials to start any conversation.
- Look for the search button icon on the top of the Hangouts list. You need to type the username or email address of the contact you would like to find to initiate a conversation. Once the name is spotted on the list, click on it to start the conversation.
- Type in your message and then press the enter key on your keyboard.
- If the person is online, he will get the message flashed on his screen immediately. If not, he will be able to see your message as soon as he signs into Gmail account.
- If the message you send is not delivered to the intended person, you will find a red button next to the message. This happens only when your internet connection is slow. Once the message is sent, it will turn to green.