The sign in process of Gmail is described below:
- Gmail log in page will open up in the web browser when you type in gmail.com.
- The Gmail link is found on the main Google web page as well.
- You can click on either link to find the sign in page for Gmail.
- When the main Gmail page opens up you will find an easy sign in interface.
- You would be prompted to enter a username and password in the respective fields.
- When you enter the details you are redirected to the inbox page directly.
Creating a Gmail account
The process of creating a Gmail account is not complicated at all. It can be done by even novice email users. All you need is a computer and a good internet connection to create a Gmail account.
- Visit the gmail.com website using your favorite web browser.
- This will take you to Gmail sign in page. Look for the ‘create an account’ option at the bottom of the page and choose that option.
- The Google account creation page will comprise of a detailed form where you need to fill all the fields to open a new Gmail account.
- The most important fields to enter in this form are your username and password.
- The other fields to fill up are your personal details like the first and last name, country, phone number, zip code, birthday details, and gender.
- Apart from this, you will be asked to provide your alternate email address, security question and answer and your phone number to make your information secure. By doing so, you can quickly have access to your account if you forgot your password or feel that you want to change your password.
- The final entry you make is the CAPTCHA code that you see on the screen. Once done, click on the next option and complete the formalities for setting up the Google account.
If you are starting off, the following steps will help you come onto the new account creation page for Gmail:
- In order to come onto the Gmail official page, there are two ways of doing so.
- You could type in gmail.com on your web browser. This will open up the Gmail sign in page. Here you will find the link to create a new account below the panel to sign into your account.
- Gmail link can also be found on the main Google web page. The different offerings of Google can be found on the top right hand corner of the main Google page. Clicking on this link will lead you to the sign in page of Gmail.
Once you have come onto the page for creating new accounts with Gmail, you will find a few fields to fill in before your signing up process is complete. The first vital fields to fill in are of the username and password fields.
- When you are choosing the username, there are certain points you need to keep in mind. For instance, you need to choose a username that is not in use by other Gmail users. For that reason, you might want to consider the options that Gmail offers to you.
- Once you have chosen the username, you can then move onto the password creation field. This field refers to the choice of a secure password. As per password creation rules, you need to choose a password of at least eight alphanumeric characters. Such a password tends to make your account secure. There is a password checker tool that will indicate whether you have chosen a secure password correctly.
You might have heard about the different features of Gmail Inbox. Indeed, this email service is known for its innovative features as well as security aspects. With Gmail you get all the advantages you need to have a reliable email service that will never let you down. If you are new to Gmail, you will want to know the steps of accessing Gmail inbox.
The first step is to sign up for an account here. It is easy to sign up for a single or even multiple accounts on Gmail. Indeed, many people have their professional and business correspondence in one account and personal emails coming into their personal account. Here are the basic steps to follow:
- You need to type in the official web address of Gmail to access your inbox. You can start by typing in gmail.com in your web browser.
- Once the Gmail official page is displayed, you will find the panel to sign into your account.
- If you have an existing email address you can sign into it through this panel.
- There is a link to sign up for a new account below this panel.
Gmail account login
You can go to Gmail’s homepage at https://www.gmail.com and you will find the link to create the account. You can also use https://mail.google.com to create the account and to access your emails. If you have an account created for Gmail, you can visit gmail.com and enter the username and password for the Gmail or Google account. If the username field is already used by any other user, you need to use a different account to login. You can click on the link, “sign in with a different account” to continue to login. On the login page, you can see the sign-in or login box just below the Google logo. In the first box, enter the registered email address for Gmail and in the second field, enter the password which is linked to the email address you have entered in the top field. Click on the sign in button at the bottom of the login page to access the mail account. If you need any help in accessing your Gmail account, click on “Need help” link.
Using Gmail on Android phone and tablets
Nowadays, you can have access to Gmail account on your Android phones and tablets. You need not be in your office anymore or be near a computer to check out the emails you receive or even compose a message. You can easily do it using your Android device, from anywhere you are. The following are the steps to follow to setup Gmail account on your Android phone.
- Tap on the settings option on your Android phone. Look for the account option that you will find on your screen when the settings option opens up.
- The ‘Accounts’ settings is where you will find the details of the current accounts on your device and also displays the sync settings.
- Tap on the Add account option and then tap on the Google option to add your Google account.
- Now you will be asked to sign in to your Gmail or Google account.
- You need to enter your full email address and your password in the respective type fields to sign into Google.
- Now, you can access Gmail on your Android phone.
The features and services you get with Gmail is not only limited to the inbox features. Google offers several services that become part of your offering when you sign up for a Gmail account. For instance:
- The Google search engine becomes part of the offerings. You could customize the search engine page as per your requirements.
- The translate tool is another handy tool that can become part of your web browser, helping you to interpret foreign language based websites easily.
- The other services are Maps, Photos, Google drive, Google Hangout and several others like YouTube. All the services come personalized and with your account details. Hence, it is easy to set up any of these functions as you need not start from scratch.
- You also need a Gmail account when you wish to download any app from Google Play store. Hence, having a Gmail account is a necessity in this regard.
With the above benefits and offers you will surely want to own a Gmail account right away. The process is an easy one. You can get started on your desktop browser in the following way:
- Open a web browser window and type in the Gmail address gmail.com.
- Here you will find the login panel for existing users to sign into their account. Here you will also find the link to sign up for a new account on Gmail.
- The link to Gmail main page can also be found on the top right hand corner of the Google main page.
The sign up process for Gmail is easy. You could access Gmail through the web address as well as through the mobile application. However, at the time of creating a new account it would be advisable that you choose to create the account from a desktop. It is easier and then you can easily set up a synchronized email account on your Gmail app on the phone or tablet.
The process of signing up for a Gmail account is as follows:
- In your web browser you need to type in gmail.com. This will take you to Gmail’s main page for logging into existing accounts. Here you will also find the link to sign up for a new account. One can also access Gmail through the Google home page. Here the Gmail link can be found with other Google services on the top right hand corner of the page.
- When you click on the link to sign up for a new account, you will be redirected to the account creation page. Here you need to key in the details in order to successfully create a new and valid Gmail account.
- The first and necessary fields that one needs to fill up are related to selecting a unique username and password. You need to select a unique username to get started. With millions of users already using Gmail, chances are that the username you select will not be available. You can then choose among the options that Gmail suggests through a handy tool.
- The same process needs to be followed for the password generation. The password for your account needs to comprise of at least eight characters which need to be an alphanumeric combination. Hence, you would do well to choose a password that contains at least two or three numbers and letters, in different case forms as well as any special characters you might choose to include. There is a handy tool that will validate your password and provide a go ahead sign to allow you to proceed to the other fields.
- The other fields that you need to fill up pertain to other personal details. With basic information such as name, location, age, gender and other optional information you can complete this part quickly. There are other security related questions and fields that need to be filled before you can complete the sign up process.